This video, presented by Cris Ippolite, makes a comparison between flat files and relational databases made with FileMaker Pro 10. It starts by showing that programs like Microsoft Excel uses, what in the databases circles, are called flat files. This flat files have a big disadvantage: it cannot communicate with other files even those have related data. So, instead of using those, if you want to ease your job, you should use relational databases. With databases, the tables communicate between them. Once you stored one entry in a table, you can use it in all other tables without the need to store it again there. This way the relational databases eliminate redundant data entry. All these things can be done with FileMaker Pro 10! Good luck!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades